Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cup of closure


My mind screamed no but my heart whispered it was the last thing I had to do. I had to see him for the last time.

So, we met in seclusion. And we talked like old friends catching up with each other. He finally admitted to loving his new girlfriend, but I didn't feel a tinge of sadness nor envy.

For a few brief moments, we just sat there across from each other and stared at one another in the eyes. I was happy, I was glad because we could still talk without feeling awkward and fool around like good friends. When he pulled me in, my body didn't tingle with desire and when what seemed like he was leaning in to kiss me, I drew back. As much as I love being physical with him, I just didn't feel the passion anymore. I no longer love him.

Then, we bade goodbye. I used to always request for a goodbye hug, but I didn't this time around because I know I didn't need it anymore.

Upon reaching home, I sent him one last text - apologizing if I ever caused any problem for his relationship and thanking him for the night because...I had closure.

I half expect us to become strangers again, but it's okay because people change and we're bound to move on, one way or another. He may not ever come to know, but I'll always care and I'll always be here if he ever needs a friend.

No comments: